Thursday, August 16, 2012

Can't turn off the tears

Can't turn off the tears

It's like once I opened the flood gates, I can't stop! I've cried and cried today. Everything is making me cry.

My new optometrist made me cry. I actually told him I didn't like his attitude and was leaving. I left his office crying, with him running after me. I got in my car and drove away. With my pupils dilated, me crying like an idiot and the bright sunshine, I could barely see to get home, which fortunately was only about three miles from the clinic. Someday I might tell the whole story, but the doctor was a total jerk to me. However, he's the least of my problems.

The good news is that Mookie is going to be okay. She had the surgery and they found that the bullet had pierced her intestines in two places, fairly close together. They cut out a piece of her intestines and stitched it back together. Without the surgery she would have definitely died.

The bullet also clipped her diaphragm, which had just a tiny cut and is okay, and it cut through a small piece of her liver. Livers apparently recover well to being cut. Two more nights under the vets care and then she'll come home. The surgeon said she'll be fine. She's only two years old and was a very healthy, sweet and curious kitty. It's heartbreaking that someone would do such a cruel and evil thing to a helpless little cat.

I'm almost embarrassed that we spent so much money on a cat. I think a big part of it is that my husband's father is dying, and I just couldn't bear the thought of him losing his cat too.

I called the police this morning and unless we have proof that the person we think did it, actually committed the crime, there's nothing they can do.

My husband saw the new neighbor's kid (the suspect, about 12 years old) target practicing in his back yard about a month ago with a 22 caliber pellet gun. He was shooting the opposite direction of our house. They have a one acre lot filled with plum and apple trees, that backs up to our house. They also have a huge tree house that looks down, through the trees, right into our fenced back yard. We found Mookie laying in the middle of our back yard, curled in a tiny ball. This was yesterday at 6pm. It appeared she was shot in our own yard. We were both gone all day, my husband in Denver, and me with my sister.

I can't even begin to describe how angry I am about this incident. It's a big part of the tears. I'm so angry but I feel so helpless. I don't even feel safe in my own back yard.

The kitty with the kidney failure, well, I finally took her to the vet tonight and had her euthanized. She hadn't eaten for four days, and could barely walk. I think I waited too long. It was dreadful. I've been through this many times in my life, having pets put down, but this one was exceptionally bad. The vet couldn't find her vein. I won't go into it but what normally takes just a few minutes took twenty minutes.

I'm surprised anyone still reads my posts. They are filled with so much sorrow and sadness. Right now I feel my head is going to explode from all the crying. 

I read all your comments and you are all so kind to me. I feel like a big whiny, crybaby these days. When I read your comments it just makes me realize there are really a lot of kind and sweet people in this world. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment